Saturday 9 January 2010

FINAL PROJECT- INTRODUCTION

Well I have been thinking over Christmas about what to do for my next project; what kind of brief I want to work with and my target audience. The good thing about Christmas is there are loads of films/animations on TV in which I could gather inspiratiion and idea's. I will do critical studies on animations/films looking at the story and also the main character; how are the audience engaged with this charcter.

As I am specializing in CGI animation I want to show off the best of my abilities in creating a good quality animation with a high standard of character design. I want the story of my animation to keep the audince engaged and to make sure that I do achieve this I will anaylize high quality successful feature film animations, good quality short film animations/commercials and also animations that havn't been so sucessful. I will then do critical studies on each of them finding out what works in order to get the best qualities of producing a successful animation/film.

I really want to make the most of this final project and it is soooo hard trying to decide what to do. This year we are also arranging a festival and our work will be shown there, I hope that we can really pull this one off. We need to arrange for guest animators to appear, spokes man to introduce the festival and the work being shown, a venue would be a good place to start as this would give us an idea of the space we are going to be working with. We also need to arrange an opening to the festival, having a get together introducing the festival over a few drinks and snacks..... but of course this all involves money :-o so we need to get a fund and sponsers.

At the same time as being nervous; I am quite excited about this whole thing as it is a good opportunity for us to show our abilities to a larger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment