Saturday 9 January 2010

UP

I love pixar films and I always try to compare my work to theirs (I know... I have a long way to go) but their charcter designs are amazing and also the story of the animations are interesting and keep the audience engaged. The thing that I loved about UP was that I was able to sympathize with the main character as he lost someone that he really loved and from my own experiences I can relate to him and how he was feeling.

Character- The audeince are able to sympathize with this character as he loses the love of his life. We all lose people that we love and are close to us so this is how we are drawn towards him; feeling sorry for him. I may use this in my story where the main character looses someone/something important as this will give the audience the opportunity to relate to my character. Another thing that the audience will relate to is age; no one wants to get old... and seeing the life of an old man being thrown out of his home where home where he has spent most of his life with his wife. Using "Age" as a theme could be a good idea as I think that my audience will relate to it and as everybody ages this will widen my target audience.

Mood- The mood of Up changes through out from up lifting to sad then up lifting again, also having its other moods in between. I need to decide what moods to go for in my animation; whether its just 1 mood or mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment