Sunday 28 March 2010

Character analysis

The boy- I want my character to be thoughtful and easy going and a little like most of us clumsy, he messes things up and thinks about hings after his actions. A little like a character called Frank Spencer from a program called 'some mothers do av em'. I also like his facial expressions and the way that his expressions tell us a lot about what heis thinking, I want to show this in my animation Iwant my audience to know what the boy is thinking; when he has an idea from looking between the neighbours gardens his un-tidy garden and his ball. I need to make it clear that it is the ball that gives him the idea to create a garden infuenced by a football.

This is a TV program that an older audience will be familar with which is my target audience. They relate to Frank Spencer as they know how it feels to mess things up only with Frank it is exaggerated; I want to have this in my animation where the problem is exaggerated but also so that it is believeable.




Perhaps the expression for when the boy gets the idea... it is easy to see that he has an idea.


This could be the expression for when he has caused the caos in his garden, he looks at his mother with wide supprised eye's but also with a look of inosence.





Another character that I have looked at is Stan Laurel, he is also another character that I like the expressions he uses, he also has that cheeky grin that is well known and has been used in all of the Laurel n hardy series. Stan is also the clumsy guy of the two and again has an innosence about him as he doesn't realise half of the time that he has caused a problem. Hardy is the impatient man whereas Laurel is more easy going.


The expression when his mother takes the ball off him; as the background changes we see this expression and then looking down at the floor to the pile of wood


This could be the expression fro the boy when he gets his ball back


I could use this kind of expression for when the boy draws on the window, as he is hinting the boy needs to give an expression to follow his actions so that it adds to the guilt that his mother feels and also leads to another action and emotion from his mother. Now she begins to feel guilt as she weighs up her options to whether to give him another job in the garden or to surrender and give him his ball


This could be the expression at the end of the animation when he looks at his mother, he looks proud and chuffed with himself which is how a child would feel

No comments:

Post a Comment