Wednesday 17 June 2009

thinking about L6

Summary on tutorial -21st May 09

 

What do I need to consider for my style of animation?

 Publish Post

Client/audience

I like to work with unlimited use of media and technique’s and is why I find that my best area of animation is motion graphics/cut out animation; where I have the chance to experiment with image and text, 2D and 3D and also different use of texture and mark making.  I feel that I am perhaps a maker rather than an actual animator.

I would like to experiment with promoting fashion as I feel that this is where I can use my textile skills and combine them with animation. I also feel that I could get a lot from fashion as clothes tell a lot about the person wearing them and I could generate ideas of character design from this. I feel my work is aimed at an older target audience which would be useful for advertising fashion as it’s mainly adults/teenagers that have an interest in fashion.

For my L6 project I am going to create an animation promoting fashion and/or taking elements from it such as body language.  I could create a brief for promoting the fashion show at Birmingham NEC.

 

Where do I look for inspiration on fashion?

I could gather inspiration by going to fashion shows, looking at fashion magazines, gather inspiration from the general public; looking at what they are wearing and how they wear it, their body language and postures and how they portray themselves. I could also gather inspiration from films such as ‘The devil wears Prada’ looking at how obsessive women can be about fashion and how it can have affect on your personality (a plain dressed girl is not excepted but once dressed in designer clothes she is recognised and is now ‘competition’ to the other girls in the office who are jealous and ‘bitchy’ to her). Another example of this is on the streets and at high school; girls have a tendency to talk behind another’s back about the clothes that they are wearing.  

I could also look at the different relationships between people, the kind of people that one attracts and how they react around other people. The relationships between friends; are they a large group, a few of them who keep themselves to themselves or do they go out drinking/to watch a film/for a meal etc on their own? What kind of people are they? How do they dress and portray their selves? Using fashion as a starting point I could create an animation based on the person rather than the clothes that they are wearing.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment