Sunday 1 November 2009

references for my rooster

Chicken Run- As I am specializing in CG animation my characters are going to be in 3D, I have looked at chicken run for the way that they have used the texture and form. At first I wanted my character to have hands and arms similar to these but as my character is more like a bird it doesn't suit the style, whereas in chicken run they can get away with having the human like feature's as they have designed their character's to be more human like; their body structure is mainly running on the "Y" axis whereas my rooster and hens are going to be running on the "Y" and "X" axis, the structure of a bird but with exaggaeration.






Creature Comforts- simple design of hens but recognisable to what they are.



Chicken Little- I will look at chicken little for the texture of the character.

Warner bro's Rooster- again a human like character.




Kellogg's Cornflakes- simple shapes but affective and recognisable to what it is.



The Mixed Up Rooster- using his wing as though an arm resting on his belly, whereas a realistic birds wing would be stiff and down by his side.



Robin Hood Rooster- using wings as hands.



Pixar- another example of using a wing but in a human arm like way.


Using feet as hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment