Tuesday 17 November 2009

texturing my hens

As I made my hens adding the texture to the form of the model, using a realistic style of texture will not work well with the style. I made a test piece to see how it would look but as I thought it did not work. I used the 3D paint tool and painted the feathers on the unwrapped mesh. If I were to keep to this style and take out the textured area's on my characters, I would add a bump map adding definintion so that it doesn't look so flat.



This is one of my hens, I have added a shader as I didn't want to add any more actual texture to it, I quite like this and it will be easier to makethe blend shapes as Iwont get any distortion on the skin.




I took away the textured area's to test how my hen will look if I add texture to the skin. I then added a bump map to see how it looks. Although I think this works quite well, I feel that it doesn't suit the style of my animation as much as my original design.



I then put the two together and just added an ambient light to test how well there textures look.

No comments:

Post a Comment